Log in for our careers portal
- Edinburgh, Glasgow
- NSS Cleaning
- Salary cira £30k pa - dependent on experience Hours
- Closing date:
Contract Manager - Following operational restructure we now require a Contract Manager based in the Edinburgh/Glasgow area.
Salary in the region of £30k per annum (dependent on experience )
NSS Group is a specialist services supplier. From building maintenance to window and technical cleaning, platform hire and equipment testing – self-delivered services, anywhere in the UK. The NSS group was formed by the merger of a number of large successful business’s to create one super group which gives our clients a service which is truly nationwide.
The Division – NSS Cleaning
Our team of directly employed operatives is the UK’s No.1 market leader and the only truly nationwide window and specialist cleaning provider. With a regional management structure in support and a central service desk we are uniquely positioned to deliver services on both a planned and reactive basis.
To us, no window, no location and no scale of project is out of reach.
We’ve tailored our approach to each of the sectors we operate within and when it comes to cleaning at height, our aim is to work as safely and efficiently as possible. NSS has the expertise and experience to provide any combination of rope access / abseiling, water-fed pole systems, truck-mounted access platforms or cradle systems. All delivered in-house to maximize control and improve service delivery.
Your Role - Main Purpose of the Job
Manage your team to ensure all work is delivered safely and to a high standard
Manage the relationship with the on-site customer; provide fantastic service
Manage your schedules to ensure work is delivered on time
Your job will include:
- Promote safe working. Lead by example and ensure all work is undertaken safely and in accordance with Company and Customer policies and procedures.
- Lead, motivate and inspire your team to deliver fantastic service. Seek opportunities to impress the customer and win additional work.
- Provide clear direction to your team. Drive productivity, efficiency and high standards of work. Proactively monitor standards and performance.
- Take responsibility for managing the whole employee lifecycle within your team from recruitment/induction to departure. Manage performance concerns professionally with HR support where necessary.
- Encourage and support personal development within your team. Plan for succession.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the on-site customer with authenticity and honesty. Provide clear communication before, during and after work (verbal/written/in person).
- Work collaboratively with the Service Hub team to ensure all work (both PPM and reactive) is effectively scheduled in advance of it being due. Proactively inform customers of any schedule changes.
- Manage delivery costs responsibly. Do not take short cuts that could impact safety or standards.
- Ensure that all fleet and equipment at yours (and your teams) disposal is managed responsibly. Lead by example.
- Support the Company’s growth strategy and Sales department by undertaking site surveys and preparing accurate quotations when required.
- Be an expert in Company policies, procedures and systems and those of the Customers you service.
- Prepare and submit timely written reports and attend internal/external meetings as required.
- Demonstrate teamwork and share best practice. We are at our best when we work together
Requirements of the role:
- Relevant experience in a similar role, demonstrating a successful track record in service delivery, exceeding budget, client relationships and managing significant growth
- IOSH qualification would be beneficial
- Excellent IT skills to include: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Full clean driving licence
- The Safest way
- Continues improvement
- Working Together
- Dependable Service
- Empowering people